Matai (Godsiff) Bay, Tennyson Inlet, Pelorus Sound.
The hut can only be accessed by boat to the shallow stoney beach where it is sited.It is approximately one hour kayaking from
Duncan or Penzance Bay. The nearest boat launching ramps are in Duncan, Penzance and Elaine Bays.
There is a mooring in Godsiff Bay for “Hut Users” only. This is used at “Own Risk”. MBHT accepts no responsibility for users.
- Sleeps 6 in bunks with mattresses.
- Take your own cooker, cooking equipment and utensils
- Woodstove for heating
- The water supply is from the freshwater stream next to the hut.
- We recommend that water is boiled, filtered or treated before using it.
- Long-drop toilet close to the hut.
- All rubbish must be taken home with you.
Adult: $7.00 per night per person
Youth/child: $4.00 per night
$40.00 per night
Cancellation Fees may apply.
Bookings for this hut are essential.
Bank Account Details:
MATAI BAY HUT TRUST
03 1369 0187770 00
Please include the name of booking for reference on DC payments
While at Matai, your SAFETY is paramount.
There is no cell phone coverage within the
area so we suggest you bring a hand held
marine radio or a PLB (Personal locator beacon)
for use in the case of emergencies.
If you kayak, remember to leave your kayak
well above the high tide mark which can
come very close to the hut.
Remember to advise someone of your overall
plans & approx timings.